Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Why Do Guys Change in a Relationship

Isn't it frustrating when the guy who pursued you so passionately in the beginning loses interest in planning delightful surprises for you? I remember a time when my boyfriend stopped asking me out on dates and we spent most of our time doing our own thing. It was a scary time for me because it felt like he was losing interest in me.

Luckily, I have reliable sources of information that I always turn to in times of relationship trouble - books. Hence, I promptly took to reading instead of nagging my boyfriend (the biggest killer of romantic relationships). As a result, I soon discovered why guys change in a relationship and what to do to revive his passion...

As I read and reflected on my own behaviour, I noticed that it was not only my boyfriend who had changed. I had changed too. In the beginning of our relationship, I admired most of his qualities. But as time went by, I seemed to forget his positive traits and focused more on trying to subtly change his weaknesses instead. Worse still, the more I pointed out his weaknesses, the more he seemed to pull away from me. Unfortunately, it had taken me some time to wake up to this horrifying realization: I was behaving more and more like his mother than his lover!

With this realization at hand, I promptly went searching for a notebook that I use to record the sweet moments we have shared in the past. As I flipped through our 'Love Memories', I was reminded of how wonderful my boyfriend is. The love I felt for him swelled in my heart! Since I was feeling so good, I quickly wrote and sent him an email letting him know how much I appreciate all the things he has done for me and what a kind, caring and loving heart he has. I also sent him a text message telling him how much I admired him for working so hard to provide for our future together.

Even though my boyfriend did not reply immediately, I did not feel bothered or upset. All I felt was gratitude and appreciation for this amazing guy in my life. Hours later, when my boyfriend did reply, his text and email was filled with love and tenderness. Soon after, he asked me out on a date (without any prompting from me at all). What a relief!

I hope by sharing my story with you, you understand better now why guys change in a relationship... because girls change in a relationship too. Further more, I encourage you to keep a 'Love Diary' to note down the sweet things your guy has done for you so you can refer to it any time you feel frustrated by him. It is one of the best things I've done for my relationship and I am certain it will improve your love life too. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment